Nourish November- November 2nd: Do Something Active Every Day
Updated: Nov 7, 2020
It may sound daunting to think of fitting in some kind of activity every day. This was daunting to me when I started to do this last month, and it's still a challenging task. I try to think of it as, doing anything is better than doing nothing.
I like to fit in 10-15 minute quick workouts. It's not always easy to find the time and motivation, but the more I do the workouts, the more I like them. I have noticed improvements in my overall health and fitness level. It feels like no matter what direction my day takes, I know I will at least have this time just for me, and it feels like a small accomplishment. I like knowing I did a form of self care. Remember, it takes three weeks for something to become a habit. You could have this done by Thanksgiving.
Here are some ways I fit in quick fitness:
1. Start by holding a plank for 15 seconds and work up to 30 seconds. Alternate this with 20 squats. Repeat 3x. 2.Find yoga routines for everything from relief for sore muscles to a full body workout flow. I really like the videos from Yoga with Adrienne.
3. Take a 10-15 walk around your neighborhood.
4. Pick a part of your body to focus on, and then do 10-15 minutes of exercise for your upper body, legs, or core while you watch Netflix. 5. If you are cleaning hard enough to get sweaty, I think that counts as a workout. The same is true for gardening and painting walls.
6. Crank out 15-30 minutes on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical.
7. Find a body weight workout on YouTube.